Marcus Oldham College Learning Centre
3iD Architecture was shortlisted from 12 firms and consequently awarded the commission of strategic master planning for the College in 2014. The College board recognised that to ensure future growth and their standing in the marketplace, the facilities of the college would need a strategic analysis. From this intensive investigative process the development of a state of the art flexible learning environment was developed in tandem with the strategic master planning for the College.
The design of the facility involved a 2 stage delivery. Stage 1 involved an entire rationalisation and upgrade of all site services, including ICT, sewer, fire services, gas and potable water reticulation, and the delivery of new incoming mains and internal power reticulation.
The second stage constituted the delivery of an array of state of the Art learning environments to suit current and developing modes of educational delivery specifically tailored for the stakeholder/client group. These included:
- Flexible staff office and administration zones that encourage staff/student interaction and liaison
- Flexible meeting spaces of varying size incorporating Teleconferencing, etc
- Technology Design Studio, incorporating tiered seating and movable walls for collaborative project work
- Library/Reading Lounge for quiet reflection and study
- Outdoor amphitheater – North facing Educational/social use
- Flexible classroom space incorporating screen based delivery systems and contemporary furniture and layout
- Flexible Auditorium – catering for 220 at full capacity open mode and 100 in the reduced configuration
- Integrated landscaping to create a total precinct promoting social interaction and reflecting the school’s ethos and aesthetic
This project was successfully delivered in October 2019.